Tuesday, October 12, 2010

..........My Views on the upcoming Election.......

As for my position on the upcoming Statewide Ballot Issues.................


Amendment One, would require the voters in Charter Counties (Except Jackson County) to be elected.  I am VOTING FOR THIS ISSUE.

Amendment Two, Allows Prisoners of War to be EXEMPT from paying Property Taxes.  My position may surprise some people, as I am very pro-military.  In THIS CASE, however; most POW's ALREADY qualify for a property tax abatement as ANYONE over 65 years of age, in Missouri, gets an abatement of up to $1,100.  Therefore, I feel this is a replication of existing law and I feel it is bad precedence to "single out" any one group of people for special treament.  I AM VOTING NO ON THIS ISSUE.

Amendment Three, I have struggled with this issue.  I see the Missouri Realtors Association is the driving force behind this initiative and I am worried about any special interests pushing for law.  I think taxes should be a local issue and voted on LOCALLY - no exceptions - so I AM VOTING NO ON THIS ISSUE.

Proposition A, I already have a Blog entry about this issue.  I AM VOTING NO ON THIS ISSUE

Proposition B, I have a lengthy statement on Jack Dickens Facebook page about this Issue, so I won't repeat myself.  If you want details - ask me.  I AM VOTING NO ON THIS ISSUE.

My general theme has always been less Government control of our lives is better.  .....If we can't agree - let's at least be Civil!!!!!!!!!!!..................

No comments:

Post a Comment