Thursday, October 21, 2010

....Honoring Cops.....

I appreciate views of all people and I am open to disagreement from anyone.  That is the reason for me to have this Blog.  I hope to stimulate discussion, knowledge, and yes controversy.  Earlier today, I posted a Blog about two police officers who were killed.  Shortly after making this post, I received the following anonymous e-mail:


"Steve, I am disturbed by the posts u make about
police officers who have died in the line of duty.  I 
have seen many of yur links over the past year on FB
about these and it trivializes their deaths cause u
post so many.  People stop paying attention to them
like they do tornado warnings they are just ignored
cause people see it and say there he goes again. Y
not post a synopsis every three or four months maybe
then people would pay attention.  Just sayin' "


Well, "Just Sayin' " - here are my thoughts.  I respect each and every one of my Brothers and Sisters, in Law Enforcement.  They are all sacred to me.  The ones I work with everyday and know intimately and the thousands worldwide, whom I have yet to meet.  Anytime, I learn of a line of duty death, I pause and pray for the soul of the fallen.  I then attempt to find factual verifiable information on the situation, which led to their demise, and I post it as a tribute to them. 

It is my opinion, if I posted a synopsis every three or four months, people might glance over it and not pay attention to EACH INDIVIDUAL OFFICER.  They died so we may sleep in peace at night, so the least we can do is appreciate their sacrifice - as it is happening. 

You may be correct - people may glance over my posts - because there have been so many (130 so far this year - as I write this), but that is their mistake.  We take so many things in life for granted.  For example, when was the last time you saw individual names and stories about EACH soldier who has died overseas?  You don't see it because it is happening so often the news organizations have "more important things to cover".  Ironic isn't it - that just like Cops who give us all freedom - Soldiers are ignored for more "important" stories?  Point is, I feel obligated to say "THANK YOU" to the police officers who pass into Heaven, so I write about them..............If no one else pays attention...........shame on them!   

Thank you for your thoughts "Just Sayin' " opposing view points are always welcome here.........If we can't agree - let's at least be Civil!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment