Monday, October 04, 2010

As my very first post, I wish to provide links to sites relative to the Constitution of the United States of America.  I believe many of my fellow Americans have become complacent and have lost appreciation for the "Rights" provided for in this document.  People must realize these rights are not permanent and with the right votes and procedures, could always be taken away.  We must be informed about this document and know it - like so many people know the Bible.  I feel that strongly about this document - to me - it is comparable to the Bible - in respect as to the Power it wields over people and freedom.


 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution.html

6 comments:

  1. I'm hopeful that this will be one of my daily stops. I have several sites that I have to visit on a daily basis. Looking forward to what you will add to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve the US Constitution is a very powerful document and it should be used as a governing power for all the people and not just a chosen few. The problem with our constitution in that are government officials have perverted it to suit their needs and beliefs much as has the denominational world has perverted the bible which was for all people not just a chosen few. What our government needs to do is read the preamble and analyze it word for word. It starts out "We the people...." It does not start out We the rich and chosen few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to sparking some lively debates on here. Maybe we can ressurect Fish & Putt: Great Debates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Steve I am really looking forward to this blog! You always post articles and various things of interest to me on facebook so I know this will live up to all my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In regard to this topic, I recommend reading John Adams by David G. McCullough. In addition to our 2nd President's interesting intellectual partnership with his wife, President Adams' views on government and the importance of education are still relevant to modern times. Anything about Thomas Jefferson is good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brett, great suggestions. John Adams is one American whom I feel has been ignored by our Public Schools History Departments. Yes, he is covered and yes kids learn about him, but not to the degree they should. His ideas are "still relevant" as you stated. Thank you for your remarks.

    ReplyDelete