Wednesday, October 06, 2010

....Innocent art or sinister Mask.............???????






This is very timely to my post this morning on race relations, in America.  This is, to me, an example of adults being "to" sensitive to the issue of race.  This is the story of a young 6 year old boy in Fort Scott, Kansas, who made an art project - on his own - and now the parents wish to blame the school.  I feel the boy had no idea what his "mask" looked like to an "adult".  But, as my earlier post illustrated - I am curious what life experiences led the father to feel the way he does?????

As for the practical real life consequences, I am afraid the Dad just showed the child how the world, even in art, is not as simple and pure as the great little thoughts in a 6 year boys mind.........If we can't agree.....let's at least be civil!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment