Sunday, October 17, 2010

....George Brett - one of my Heroes.....

George Brett was one of my heroes, as a child. I would stay up many nights and listen to the Kansas City Royals on my little AM radio. This was in the late 1970's and through the mid to late 1980's. Dan Quisenberry, Amos Otis, Paul Splittorff, Frank White, Bret Saberhagen, and others gave me many thrills and much excitement. But, no player then or since excited me like George Brett. He was and still is awesome.

I came across this video of one of his most infamous moments - the "Pine Tar" Incident, which took place against the dreaded New York Yankees and their Manager Billy Martin, was played on July 24, 1983.

Even if you are not a sports fan it's great to watch and see how mad Brett gets after he is called out for a rule violation (he had too much pine tar, which helps with gripping the bat, above the logo). Just had to share this video.....so sit back and enjoy a moment of American Sports History.....Ladies and Gentleman may I take you back in time 27 years to my youth and my Hero, George Brett.............

No comments:

Post a Comment